Well, I have begun my second week of having a full load. All I can say is, Thank goodness I have Thursday off. Of course, Tuesday's are my toughest days of the week, so I guess that could explain the level of exhaustion that I feel today as opposed to other days... But there isn't much of a difference.
Tuesday's I have back-to-back classes, from 9:40-2:30. Lunch? Nah, we don't need it.. Just throw in a 20 minute break and you'll be good. Right now, I just want to go home, curl up in my bed, and sleep for the next.. I don't know, 2-3 years sounds good. By the end of the day I could feel my annoyance level rise.. And it doesn't help that Tuesday's I see some of the classes that I'm not particularly fond of... No, I did not say that I don't "like" them, I just am not dying to see them everyday. Now, don't get me wrong, there are certain kids in every class that I adore, they are great in every class.... And then there are others that just bug me to no end. The funny thing is, is that these kids aren't necessarily "bad", they're just annoying. Kids that sing, kids that are constantly talking, kids that insist on asking a question a minute for forty minutes... Kids that just plain get on my nerves. By no fault of theirs, I'm sure there are other teachers that love them, but to me, it's annoying. One of my classes today I had at least 15 kids ask to use the bathroom. One kid, no joke, looked like he was about to wet his pants if I didn't let him leave the room. I mean, really?
I'm done, I promise. My tangent is over. I will now talk about the students I adore and love, and all of the reasons why I love what I do :) . I won't really, but honestly, I do love what I do. And at the end of the day, I can say, yeah, little Johnny might be obnoxious as.. heck.. but I taught him something today. And that's all that matters right?
On a side note, here's my funny story of the week. During one of my class periods, and no I don't know which one it was, or even what day it was... Now that I think of it, this may even have occurred last week, all my time blurs together, I overheard some kids talking. Were they talking about how amazing, and fun, and fantastic Spanish is? No. Were they talking about all the great new things they were learning? No. They were talking about... wait for it... How the guy who plays "Barney" got arrested for selling drugs. I almost started laughing. Okay, first of all... I'm pretty sure there aren't even new episodes of Barney on anymore. I know this because my daughter watches the horrific show and I have endured countless minutes watching bad-acting kids in their old fashioned clothes prance around with a giant purple dinosaur. Secondly, wasn't this the rumor when I was in fifth grade? I'll answer that for you.. it was. I think it's funny how timeless some things are... Not only are kids still gossiping, but they are still telling the same stories. I guarantee the parents of the 5th grade class were bombarded with "But no mom, I swear it really happened. Jenny told Samantha at lunch, who told Mark at recess, who told Breanna in Math, who told me when we were standing in line for the bus... Obviously it must be true."
No comments:
Post a Comment