Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bittersweet

As I near the end of my student teaching the only thing I can think to describe it is the most cliché of terms: bittersweet.

I am so excited to just be finished. Yes, I know that it's only going to get harder, and there is only going to be more work, but the one thing that will improve will be that I will actually be getting paid to be doing this. Obviously, I'm not doing it for the money, since I clearly will not be making much. But doing all this for free? I'll be ready to take a step back from all of the second... and third... jobs I am doing, and just teach.


I'm also excited for that blessed day that is just a short week and a half away. GRADUATION. I feel like I have been counting down to this day for years.. and now it is finally here.

That being said, I'm also very sad. I have established a great relationship with my cooperating teacher, as well as with the students, and I will be sad to see that end. To go from being in here every day for 3 months to all of a sudden not being here at all is just... weird.

In fact, I have already planned to come back. The showcase night is next Thursday, which is when the 5th graders are doing their play performance, so I am definitely planning on coming to that. I just feel like I have established such a bond with these students and now it's just going to.. end.

So, like I said. I am ecstatic that I am graduating, that I will be done with school, that I will be making money.. however little it is. But I am sad that I am going to be leaving behind a great school, great teachers, great students. Bittersweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment